Thursday, January 24, 2013

Midweek Position Summary

Portfolio Composition: 

Short USD/MXN 14 Percent 

Cash                   86 Percent  


Booked profits this morning on my short JPY positions, taking a modest profit after going long USD/JPY and TRY/JPY a few days ago.  The techs seem to think that JPY is oversold short-term, though even they acknowledge that the fundamentals point to a continued downward trend.  Accordingly, I plan to buy both these pairs on dips.  I also closed part of my USD/MXN position this morning to lock in some profits.  The continued bull market for the Peso makes trading around my longterm short position a low risk proposition.  Currently I am looking to sell more USD/MXN at 12.7 and take profits at 12.6.  My target for my longterm trade remains 12.  In the one to two year term, I see scope for USD/MXN to go below 10.   

No comments:

Post a Comment